Sometimes, we all need to be reminded of just how much we’re throwing away by leaning too heavily on OTAs as a primary source of online bookings. Everyone knows that OTA bookings cost more, but very little is ever made of the amazing fact that OTA bookings are usually much lower in total value than direct bookings. Read More »
A full Hotel is a happy hotel
Grow occupancy and
Navarino Services - Latest News
Welcome to the Navarino Hotel Blog
Thursday, September 15, 2016
Thursday, September 01, 2016
MMGY research over the past three or four years, and this year in particular, shows a huge jump - a 50% increase - in the number of travelers who plan to use a travel agent. Read More »
Wednesday, February 10, 2016
Sabre travel agents can expect the “next big release” of the Sabre Red Workspace this summer, chief executive officer Tom Klein said today.
During a conference call with investment analysts to discuss the company’s fourth quarter and full year earnings, Klein said the upgraded desktop will include graphical merchandising capabilities that support increased ancillary and branded fare sales, and enhance hotel capabilities. Read More »
Friday, December 18, 2015
Corporate spend is up and business travelers are moving away from online travel agencies, a Hotel News Now roundtable discussion revealed. To attain the shift from OTA to direct, hotels are increasingly targeting corporations booking via GDS'.
In a virtual roundtable, Hotel News Now via email asked three hoteliers whose portfolios include a mix of independent hotels how they are preparing for distribution as the New Year approaches.
- Robert A. Rauch, president and founder of R.A. Rauch & Associates: “The corporate market is the biggest distribution opportunity for independent hotels. Corporate spend is up and business travelers are moving away from (online travel agencies). This is witnessed by our huge growth in direct reservations in 2015 over 2014. Certainly this does not happen by osmosis. To attain the shift from OTA to direct we are targeting GDS users who are largely corporate.” Read More »
Wednesday, November 11, 2015
European cities hotel forecast for 2015 and 2016 for 20 gateway cities from Amsterdam to Zurich
European cities hotel forecast 2015 and 2016 analyses trading trends and gives econometric forecasts for 20 cities, all national or regional capitals of finance, commerce and culture. This year, in addition to the economic and travel outlook, we also look at some thought provoking predictions for 2015 and their potential impact on hotels; as well as the impact of strong hotel trading on the deals outlook in Europe. Read More »
- OTA vs BE conversion
- Travel Agents Are Back
- Sabre Revs Up for Further Growth in 2016
- GDS biggest opportunity for independent hotels
- Room for growth in 2015-2016
- Latest Updates to Meta Search Partners - TripAdvisor Instant Book
- Navarino Services attending World Travel Market in London in next week.
- Navarino Services attending World Travel Market in London in next month
- Are hoteliers ready for post-rate parity era?
- Don’t ignore impact of GDSes