CHANGING YOUR PASSWORD
Users are encouraged to update their passwords on a regular basis in the System > Change Password screen. Due to PCI (Payment Card Industries) standards (www.pcisecuritystandards.org), users must change their password at least once every 90 days.
If you have not changed your password in the 83 days (seven days prior to the expiration date), the system begins displaying a reminder message upon your log in on the Control Center Home page, on each of the seven days prior to the expiration of your password until you change your password.
If you still have not changed your password in 90 days (from creation of the password), an expired password notice displays on the Control Center Login screen and you need to change your password at that time.
Click on this “Change Password” link, which opens a small window where you will have to enter your current password, and then make up a new password, paying close attention to the following criteria:
Passwords must be:
- Between 7 and 30 characters in length
- Passwords are case sensitive
- Can contain A-Z, a-z, 0-9, and non-alphabetic like !, $, #, %
- Must contain at least three out of the following four character types: A capital letter, a lower letter, a number or a non-alphanumeric character
- Cannot contain “!”, or “?” as the first character
- Cannot contain any part of the username
- Must not be easily guessed, e.g. first or last Name, Employee/Hotel ID, company name, etc
- Spaces or NULL characters must not be used
- Must not reuse a password within a history of 5 passwords
- When you have entered your new password for a second time on this window, press “Save”. A message will appear, telling you either: “your password has been successfully updated ” or “you have not used the correct characters, try again”.
Once the password has been saved, you will be able to log in with this and use it for the next 90 days.
Change Password Function
Use these steps to change your password when your are logged into the system:
- Select the System Menu.
- Select the Change Password option.
- Enter your current password in the Old Password field.
- Enter your new password in the New Password field. You must meet the requirements as they are listed on the Control Center page.
- Enter your new password again in the Confirm Password field.
- Click Save button in the toolbar at the top of the page to store the information.
The Change Password screen displays the message “The Password has been successfully updated.”
- Select the Close button in the toolbar at the top of the page.